Friday 4 December 2015

TOP 5 CHRISTMAS SONGS

I know this post is late and I just want to apologise for that but better late than never, right? I always struggle to put together a Christmas playlist so I thought I'd give you some ideas of my absolute favourites!


~ One of less 'bouncy' songs on the list due to the little reference to heartbreak but you can't have Christmas without this classic! I may be a part of the younger generation but the old songs don't get past me.

2. Billy Idol - Jingle Bell Rock.
~ Again, another classic and probably one of the most known due to it being one of the main songs in the movie Mean Girls. The version within the film is definitely a favourite of mine but you can't beat the original...the same thought process as with most things! This version is simply more festive and gives off a better vibe.

~ This is one of those songs that really hits home. It's simultaneously a Christmas hit but more importantly, a plea for world peace. This especially hits close to home considering the antics that are going on in the world at present. This is just a beautiful song.

~ Another classic! We all know that big hits like Madonna have released newer versions of this song but you can't beat Eartha's original. There's something about her voice and the way she sings, something so classic, original and gentle. If you haven't heard it, you need to, although if you're a really big fan of the up to date versions then this may not be for you.

~ You cannot even pretend that this isn't one of your favourites, it's impossible! This song comes with some very special memories for me, including me and my niece running around Tesco singing it entertaining all of the passers by. If this isn't one that you love, change it!

I hope you're having a lovely day and I'll see you tomorrow for the 3rd post of Blogmas!
Allie x

2 comments:

  1. Perfect choices!! <3 love them all!! so excited for christmas!
    Chloe xx
    http://chloebee1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait. I don't think I've been this excited in years!
      Allie xx

      Delete